Thursday, January 21, 2010

Under the Sea and Under the Weather

Lily's birthday party started off with a bang! She got sick :( on the way to the party :( We had to inform our guests, take many precautions and move most of the party outside so she wouldnt touch anyone or anything! But it turned out to be a very nice party and she is a very lucky girl for having such understanding friends and family.

For our Little Mermaid party we dined on fish and chips, don't worry it wasn't Flounder it was talapia, which makes really great fish tacos for the adults and the kids had fish sticks and seashells and cheese macaroni. We also had "fish on a log" aka peanut butter and celery with pretzel goldfish crackers,
And blue and green Knox blox, yes they make blue jello! but my green jello turned out more like seaweed color ;/ which also doesn't photograph well...

Starfish cheese sandwiches made with crescent rolls...

Chips and dips...

And the star of the show ~ the fish ~ the kids loved them, but unfortunetely when I got them the guy at the store told me they had "ICK". I told him I didn't care, give them to me anyway I just needed them for a couple hours. He was very confused and told me at least 4 times that they were going to die. He was right, the next morning all dead. And yes he still charged me for them. Something about that just isn't right ?! But they sure do look pretty cool!


For some reason I don't really like writing on a cake. I don't know why, just don't. When I picked up her cake 2 different people asked me if I was sure I didn't want writing on it. yep, I'm sure. After the 2nd time I just said no, she knows its her birthday, lol.


Since the cake was white with strawberry filling I figured I'd better make some chocolate cupcakes to satisfy her brother...


Arial welcomes everyone to the party. I scored this Ariel doll at Goodwill for $1.99! and the rest of the stuff I already had!

The birthday girl loved seeing this when she walked in!
Of course I don't like to leave the adults out so I made some tasty treat bags for them too! I found these seashell chocolates at Walmart...


One of the games we didn't get to play...Pin the Fin on the Shark - available at Michaels for $14.99 and its really nice fabric and embroidery!

The kids loved the treasure hunting game. We started from the youngest and did groups of kids refilling the pool with treasures and burying them as we went....



The kids also enjoyed the face painting. I printed out several clip art pictures they could choose from. I think Lily picked them all! Look how pasty white the poor girl is!



Lots of wonderful Arial gifts...
Grandma and Grandpa made her a dollhouse! and her Nana made her some comfy jammies too!
This was the inspiration for her birthday banner, from here


And here is Lily's underwater version with shells and sand...

And the kids party favor idea was from Martha Stewart...


And here is ours...oops I just now realized I forgot the eyeball!


This is the first time in awhile I have had back to back parties. I'm working on one for a friend for tomorrow! Hopefully she will let me post pictures, so until next time! Happy Treasure Hunting!

2 comments:

  1. Great job Sis! Everything looks like so much fun. The favors are my favorite (kids K& grown-up):) Hope Lily is back to her adorable self!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sad we had to miss it, it looked amazing! Bummer she got sick, poor thing! Happy Belated Birthday Lily!

    ReplyDelete