Saturday, September 26, 2009

Fabulous Find

I had a very short but prosperous treasure hunt yesterday! I was actually helping a friend try to find a record player/stereo/buffet - you know the ones, your grandma probably had one, they are about 4 feet long and about 2 feet off the ground. Well I found one at a garage sale, she was looking for one, I called her, she wasn't sure about it. So away I went - without it. The guy told me he would be there the next day (which he wasn't) and from then on my friend wanted it - couldn't stop thinking about it type thing. We had both been to the neighborhood numerous times since and she actually found it today ~ the ONE ~ for $10 off!!! but in the meantime I found some treasures. One of them included this freebie!

I would like to turn the top of this "armoire" into one of these creations that this girl here creates on a regular basis! Now granted my piece is not as fabulous as hers, but it will do for free, now I just have to find a base....

This is mine....


And this is the top of hers...



And this is the base....


Drumroll....................
Now that's what I'm talkin about! I can do that! I think I will do that!

2 comments: