Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Wall Art

Thought I would share with you some ideas I have collected about wall art, or just wall paintings. Very cool ideas. I apologize, but I don't know where all of the pictures came from...

I love the bordered pink and white polka dots, looks like a giant picture. I would love to do this in Lily's room. Hanging wall canvas and decorative painting technique underneath (picture from Drooz Studios I believe)


I like how they added paint to the walls to make it look like part of the art on the shelves



I love this memory frame idea, from the lovely Tracy Porter. Just a really neat collection of old things, letters, photos, tickets, postcards....



Tracy Porter painting and frame below...

I love this huge piece of art. It looks like it should be the Declaration of Independence or something....

I like how low they took the pictures here, almost all the way to the floor....
I have this "thing" for empty frames. I think the look is so different and unusual.

And this room is my absolute favorite, a.k.a. my living room :) Alot of people are unsure about my empty frames. I don't care I love them. My goal is to fill up the entire wall. I'm almost there....And here is the long hallway to the kids bedrooms. A gallery of pictures just seemed to work really really well for this space since its about 20 feet long. I made them all cohesive with black and white prints and black frames...and yes I know alot of the pictures are crooked, they always are, even if I fix them everyday - so I don't....

1 comment:

  1. your livingroom looks like that now?! i stopped at that picture to stare at it before i realized it was your house. i adore empty frames. love it
    -hannah

    ReplyDelete