Friday, October 2, 2009

Before and After Buffet

My sweet husband went last Sunday and picked up this buffet for me on Craigslist. I need to send him more often because he talked her down $10. He told her he didn't even want it - HA! I knew it would look perfect with our kitchen set once I refinished it.


Had some work to do on the crossbar because her dog chewed it.


No problem, I took my measurements to Home Depot and had them cut 1x2 pieces to fit so I wouldn't have to cut them. Glued and screwed them in place, did a mild sanding on the whole piece, painted it a cream color that I got from the OOPS paint at Home Depot for $5. Finally I distressed it by rubbing on and wiping off dark stain, sanding the edges in a couple spots then applied stain to those spots and that's it!
Its still missing a couple knobs. I'm not sure if I want to replace them all or just the missing ones on the doors.

My new $2 lamps seem to fit right in!



What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Always impressed Stephanie. Looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO WAY!!! That looks gorgeous and like a million bucks! Were did you put it?

    ReplyDelete