Sunday, October 11, 2009

French Feeling

I hope to find myself here this week, so you will understand my lack of posts, for the 3 of you that read them :)




I have had numerous conversations with a friend of mine trying to define our decorating style. It is a very difficult thing to do for me and also for her, being creative types. We like WAY too many things. This can be a bad thing in the grand scheme of designing because you don't want to be all over the map (no pun intended).

I do know this. I love French decor. I have never been to France, but it is definetely on my list of things to do in the next 5 years. In the meantime, I'm going to decorate my home with this in mind because I love the way it is aged, yet beautiful and relaxed. I don't want things to be too themed, but just to have a certain feel. Think collections, layering, nature.

And by the way, I have designated a new criteria for things that I bring into (or for that matter, keep in my home). They have to be INTERESTING. If they are not interesting, or tell a story or have a background I don't want them. Plain and simple. I think this might help to weed out all the extra nonsense.























1 comment:

  1. Now you've just made it harder for me to buy you anything:)

    ReplyDelete