Thursday, March 26, 2009

Beverly Hillbillies Style

Just in case some of you wondered what a day finding treasures looks like... my friend's suv was so packed I had to put the free chair in my lap (upside down), hey I will sacrifice for freebies! She got the cutest "Jackie O" coat. I think it was $5. It came from an estate sale that looked like it could have been Jaja Gabore's house. There were mirrors everywhere! We got some really cool vintage clothes and jewelry.

But the first place we hit was a church rummage sale. The prices were so ridiculous we were giggling like we were 5 years old. We started a "pile" and then came back at the end to pay for our "pile" and I think it was $8. not kidding. And I am talking about a pile of small furniture. Things were marked Free too. I'm not going to tell you what those things were though :) It got to the point where my friend would ask me if she though we should stop at another sale on the way home and I just looked at her and laughed. People were just giving us stuff, it was hilarious. We really looked like the Beverly Hillbillies driving home. I kept telling her we still had room on the roof!!...

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, I wish I was there! That picture of you with the chair on your lap reminds me of my sister. She's always cramming stuff into her car from flea markets, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome. You're going to have enough stuff for your own store soon! Love the table in the picture and you with the chair. Looks like you are having a ball doing all this shopping. I wish we had rummage sales and estate sales like you have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That table was probably the deal of the day at $5! It now resides in my family room.

    ReplyDelete