Sunday, March 22, 2009

Vintage pin ideas

I'm so glad my first comment was about the beautiful starburst pin (thanks Brooke)! I found this little ditty at an estate sale in a bag with some other rhinestone jewelry pieces...shoe clips I think. Its one of those time when you just scream inside with excitement, pay for it and run away as fast as you can for fear they might change their mind about selling it to you.

I saw this idea awhile ago on junk2jewels.typepad.com blog about making these gems to tie around the necks of bottles and I think it is just amazing. I wish I knew how to make them. I believe she has a tutorial on her page as well, but haven't had enough time to check it out yet.
I think this idea might actually be my favorite and definetely one I am going to try when I find another awesome pin. The blog prairiehome.typepad.com has the idea of taking vintage slips or camisoles and adding the pin. I have also seen the slips tie-dyed...sounds weird, but looks really cool. Personally I will be wearing another tank under the camisole so I don't feel quite so bare!

No comments:

Post a Comment