Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Glass Pieces

I was chatting with my sister last night discussing the "treasures" she purchased. We talked about how vintage things are just different. Different because they have a story, they have character, history, a soul if you will...I just think they are so much more interesting than what you can buy at a big box store. Not to mention the fact that half of the items I pick up remind me of something I have seen in the past, usually something of my grandmas. That in itself makes me happy...

Here are some of the glass pieces...
I don't know the original purpose of these (there are 2!) hanging glass dishes. Their tags are still in tact, they say "made in Western Germany", they could possibly be the world's fanciest bird feeders...but wouldn't they be great holding a short pillar candle?
Glass platter with 4 dividers, silver rim is a little worn, but still gorgeous, comes with dip bowl that has pretty silver base...
Glass platter with 3 dividers in silver footed, handled carrier...I also have the one I posted yesterday with 4 dividers, but no silver carrier...

1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking about this very thing lately. Why is antiqueing the most addicting thing in the world? It has nothing do with shopping; it has to do with the objects that you find. I decided that the reason i love vintage things so much is not only because everything is unique and full of personality, but because I strongly believe in reusing and this is almost my way of "green living," if that makes sense. There is a charm to objects of the past that cannot be found in the warehouses of today

    ReplyDelete